The first challenge I signed up for is the original TBR (To Be Read) Challenge. Here’s the Challenge in a nutshell
** Pick 12 books – one for each month of the year - that you’ve been wanting to read (that have been on your “To Be Read” list) for 6 months or longer, but haven’t gotten around to.
I’m still working on my list. I’ll post it soon.
Participating in the Pick a Number Category (5 books) for
- Fiction: Young Adult
- Fiction: Middle School
- Non-fiction: Picture book
- Graphic Novel: MG
- Fiction: Picture book
Possible reads for YA Fiction
- Forest Born – Shannon Hale
- Ice - Sarah Beth Durst
- Leviathan – Scott Westerfeld
- The Maze Runner - James Dashner
- Rampant – Diane Peterfreund
- Ruined – Paula Morris
- A Wish After Midnight – Zetta Elliot
- Candor – Pam Bachorz
- Flygirl- Sherrie L. Smith
- Going Bovine - Libba Bray
- Gringolandia – Lynn Miller-Lachman
- Hate List - Jennifer Brown
Graphic novel: MG possible reads
- BabyMouse #10 and 11 – Jennifer L. Holm (re-read)
- Dork Diaries – Rachel Renee Russell
- Dragonbreath – Ursula Vernon
- Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom – Eric Wright
- Little Mouse Gets Ready – Jeff Smith
- Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute - Jarrett Krosocka
- Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians - Jarrett Krosocka
- The Storm in the Barn – Matt Phelan
Possible reads for MG fiction:
- Faith, Hope, and Ivy June – Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- Alvin Ho: Allergic to Camping, Hiking, and Other Natural Disasters – Lenore Look
- Anything but Typical – Nora Releigh Baskin
- The Brooklyn Nine – Alan M. Gratz
- The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate – Jacqueline Kelly (re-read)
- The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z. - Kate Messner
- Heart of a Shepherd – Rosanne Parry
- Love, Aubrey – Suzanne LaFleur
Possible reads for non-fiction: Picture Book
- 14 Cows for America – Carmen Agra Deedy
- Coretta Scott – Ntzake Shange
- If America were a Village – David J. Smith
- Mermaid Queen – Shana Corey
- Moonshot: The Flight of Apollo 11 – Bran Floca
- Nic Bishop Butterflies and Moths
- The Day-Glo Brothers - Chris Barton
Possible reads for fiction: picture book
- 1000 Times No – Tom Warbuton
- Blueberry Girl – Neil Gaiman
- The Book that Eats People – John Perry
- Boo Hoo Bird – Jeremy Tankard
- Crazy Hair - Neil Gaiman
- Crow Call – Lois Lowry
- Finn Throws a Fit - David Elliot
- The Lion and the Mouse - Jerry Pinkney
The 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge
(I’m realistic and know that the Mini Challenge will work for me but the Just My Size is too ambitious).
–The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
–Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.
–Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.
–Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.
I met it last year. I felt good about having accomplished something. I’m up for the challenge again.
The 2010 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge
1. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate.
–The Mini – Check out and read 25 library books.
–Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books.
–Stepping It Up – Check out and read 75 library books.
–Super Size Me – Check out and read 100 library books.
(Aim high. As long as you read 25 by the end of 2010, you are a winner.)
3. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Young Reader – any book as long as it is checked out from the library count. Checked out like with a library card, not purchased at a library sale.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.