If you have not discovered Choice Literacy yet, you need to! Their banner page lists the following information:
Are you looking for the “how” of literacy leadership, written by colleagues who are just as smart, funny, and passionate about teaching reading and writing as you are?
Welcome! You’ve found Choice Literacy, the home on the web for K-12 literacy leaders.
We are literacy coaches, teachers, and school leaders with experience in dozens of diverse classrooms. This site presents the best of the tools, guides, literacy lessons, and sage advice we’ve gathered and tucked away as we’ve worked together over the years.
A paid membership at Choice Literacy provides you with access to over 300 site features, including:
- Workshop protocols for leading study groups, in-services, and workshops
- Sample observation forms and needs assessment surveys
- Professional quality video examples of best literacy practices from classrooms throughout the country
- The newest writing from top authors in the field
- Short, focused articles for use in workshop discussions and mentoring meetings
- Year-long calendars and plans for leading new teacher initiatives
- Themed booklists for content and genre study
Over 20 new resources are added each month, with member updates weekly through our free e-newsletter, The Big Fresh. All in an ad-free environment – no hype, and no sales pitches for expensive literacy programs you don’t want or need.
The premise of Choice Literacy is simple – K-12 literacy leaders like you need instant access to short, practical, and smart resources as you work with colleagues and students. And you don’t have a fortune to spend, which is why our quarterly or annual membership options are so affordable. You can get a better sense of the range of our offerings by clicking here and browsing through our free samples.
If you want a weekly update of innovative literacy advice delivered to you, take a moment to sign up for our free weekly e-newsletter of tools, tips, and strategies for literacy leaders, The Big Fresh:
Brenda Powers presented at NCTE with Lucy Calkins in a wonderful workshop about literacy and literacy coaching. I love the free newsletter that Choice Literacy sends out, but the monthly cost is SO reasonable for what you receive.