1. How long does it take you to make all the pictures for one book?
2. What was your favorite book that you illustrated?
3. What was your favorite book that you read when you were little?
Where the Sidewalks End
4. Who was your favorite teacher you had in school?
4th Grade-Mrs. Miles-I didn’t speak English because I had just been adopted. Everyday she would go to the art supply cupboard and get me a nice piece of art paper to draw on.
5. What was your first book you illustrated?
By 5th grade he knew he wanted to be an artist
He has taught kindergarten in NYC-
He thought he wanted to be a teacher in the arts.
My Brother Martin
Christine King Farris was introducing him to a conference of 800 teachers in San Diego
She came up and said, “I have an idea for a book.”
“Okay, what is it?”
“I want to write a book about my brother.”
“Who is your brother?”
“Martin Luther King”
“You mean like the one the holiday is named after?”
6 years later her agent contacted him!
His wife has written 3 books with him. She wants it to be a hobby, not a career for her. She serves as his agent
My mom first saw him at OSU Children’s Literature Conference
He has a new poetry book coming out next year.
He has a little boy-CJ-Christopher Junior-17 month old
His room is decorated with Something Beautiful drawings
He lives in NYC in a Studio-warehouse. It has 3 floors: 2 floors office/studi0, 1 floor home